Thomaz Maia de Almeida is currently an Assistant Professor at Federal Institute of Ceará (IFCE) - Sobral Campus. He holds a MSc in Teleinformatics Engineering from Federal University of Ceará (2012), Postgraduation in Mobile Devices from Faculdade 7 de Setembro (2014), and is currently a PhD student. He has interests in Computing Vision, Digital Image Processing, Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence.
He has experience in
- Image processing of computerized tomography;
- image processing of echocardiography;
- Image processing of body scanners;
- Identification and recognition of car plates;
- Optical characters recognition on mobile devices;
- Access control by face recognition;
- Quality control and identification of cosmetic defects in the manufacture of laptops;
- Quality control in the manufacture of RAM chips;
- Quality control in the manufacture of electrical energy meters.